We all want to look great and feel a sense of vitality each day, but how many of us are doing what we need to be doing in order to feel great? One of the first steps to feeling better is to create a healthy and strong physique.
Weight loss is one of the greatest challenges many of us face. Whether you’re just getting started or you’ve been on the journey for a while but hit a plateau, weight loss is always tricky.
Things like age, gender, and metabolism come into play and can alter the likelihood of success. However, there are some very fundamental ways to lose weight faster.
● Tracking your macronutrients is one of the best ways to ensure you’re providing your body with everything it needs, and nothing it doesn't.
● The most effective macronutrient split for most people is 45% carbs, 35% protein, and 20% fat. Do your best to avoid saturated fats or trans fats as these are generally accompanied by weight gain.
● For example: An individual who works a labor job would have a much higher NEAT than someone who works a desk job. They are always moving and staying active. If you can increase your NEAT through simple activities like taking the stairs or walking your dog more often, you can increase your metabolism and weight loss.
● Cardio training is essential to your workout program, but the inclusion of traditional strength training with weights will be very beneficial to your success in weight loss.
● With that in mind, research on l-carnitine has yielded some very positive results. It seems that this amino acid can be very effective in promoting greater states of fat oxidation, enabling you to burn more fat and utilize it as energy, leading to weight loss.
● It’s important to try to drink 6-8 glasses of water daily and eat foods such as fruit and vegetables (since they are primarily water) to maintain hydration, balance pH, and maintain electrolyte balance.
The struggles that many people face when they want to live a healthier life are real. In an ever-changing world with sedentary life becoming more popular, it’s difficult to find motivation.
Even so, you can surpass your weight loss goals by tracking your results and putting yourself in a position of success. Use these techniques to enable your success. Track your macros, be more physically active each day, stay hydrated, train with weights, and supplement when needed.
Consistent efforts will yield consistent results!